For those with a real need for speed you need look no further than this work of art. The Traxxas XO-1 as able to reach 60mph in a mere 2.3 seconds making it one of the snappiest RC’s available online without extra modification time!
Whether you are a racer or just someone who appreciates some amazingly well built RC cars and loves to push the limits of performance the Traxxas XO-1 is just downright ELECTRIC!
Here’s a rundown of what we’ll provide in this Traxxas XO-1 review:
- First we’ll share the features and benefits that you’ll find useful
- Next, we’ll take a look at the drawbacks you might need to know about
- Then, we’ll tell you a bit about the Traxxas company
- And finally we’ll provide a sampling of actual customer and Independent reviews to give you better insight into the product.
Sound good? Let’s get started!
Features and Benefits of the Traxxas XO-1
- Traxxas Stability Management® (TSM) – gives you all the benefits modern electronic stabilization has to offer without intruding on your driving fun or introducing unexpected side effects that can be found on other systems such as drastically reduced turning radius, braking assistance that times out (quits), throttle restrictions, and an overall disconnected driving feel.
- 100+mph Out of the box
- Castle Mamba Monster Extreme Speed Control – Designed specifically for the unique power requirements of the XO-1. The system has been enhanced for higher output when used with 6S LiPo power. From its integrated capacitor bank to the proprietary software created just for XO-1, the Mamba Monster Extreme speed control represents the state-of-the-art in big-volt power delivery.
- Traxxas Big Block Brushless Motor – Custom tuned for the XO-1, this features a finned, heat-dissipating can, oversized premium-quality bearings, sintered Neodymium magnets, and superior electromagnetic design.
- TQi 2.4GHz Radio System – The all-new Traxxas® TQi™ radio system arrives with a full complement of tuning features; long-range, high-output, 2.4GHz signal, and proven Traxxas reliability for rock-solid performance. It’s so advanced; it doesn’t even need an external antenna.
- Traxxas Link Wireless Module – Turns your Android, iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad® or iPad® mini into a powerful tuning tool for your Traxxas model. The device display combines with the Traxxas Link™ App to deliver an intuitive, high-definition, full-color graphical user interface that unlocks the mysteries of optimizing your radio system for ultimate vehicle control.
- Integrated speed, RPM, and voltage Telemetry System – The dashboard is fully customizable with either dial or digital readout gauges. Up to nine gauges can be displayed at once. Set threshold warnings and log maximums, minimums, or averages.
- Shock-Absorbing Cush Drive™ – the Cush Drive™ absorbs drivetrain shocks with a custom-shaped elastomer damper housed between the spur gear and the drive hub. Under extreme load (such as hard, high-traction acceleration), the elastomer flexes to dissipate shock without interrupting power flow. The result is instant acceleration with no wasted power.
- Shaft-driven All Wheel Drive – XO-1’s center driveshaft is formed from extruded aluminum. There are no dogbones to wear, no drive cups to wobble. The extrusion process allows the shaft to be hollow and lightweight with internal splines that fit directly and securely onto the input shafts of the front and rear drive assemblies.
- Hard-anodized GTR Shocks – State of the art in every way, XO-1’s hard-anodized, PTFE-coated aluminum GTR shocks represent the pinnacle of performance, offering silky smooth damping and a serious factory-works look. Thanks to the extra tough hard-anodized finish, shock performance stays true and consistent for less maintenance and better handling, run after run.
- Steel Splined (SS) dual-CV Driveshafts – Developed specifically for XO-1, the SS (steel spline) dual-CV driveshafts are stunning examples of high-strength, low-mass construction and Traxxas’ attention to detail. The splined, nickel-plated shafts slide smoothly as the suspension is compressed, assuring efficient power transfer.
Special Features (Pros) of the Traxxas XO-1
Hauls Butt – The overwhelming sentiment from purchasers is that the speed they wanted they received and they became the envy of the other racers.
Durable Construction – This car has the ability to hit a bump and flip without just falling apart and exploding into pieces.
Quality Remote Control – People love the fact that the remote control has been a focus to help crafts and control one of the fastest cars available on the market.
No Wobble At High Speeds – Unlike most other cars the faster this car goes it doesn’t increase the wobble leading you towards wrecks, it is rock solid.
Drawbacks (Cons) for the Traxxas XO-1
Easy to Lose Control – This is not a car you want to hit full gas from a stop unless you have some strong skills in controlling the skid.
Video: Traxxas XO-1 The Speed Demon
About the Traxxas Company
Traxxas has been engineering and building the world’s fastest and most innovative Ready-To-Race® radio-controlled performance machines since 1986.
Traxxas models are fully assembled with powerful, feature-rich radio systems and are Ready-To-Drive® in just minutes, including the 100mph Traxxas XO-1 supercar.
Traxxas performance, durability, and world-class customer support all come together to deliver an award-winning radio-controlled experience that’s designed to last for years of fun.
Traxxas XO-1 Reviews
Understanding the RC features and benefits is great and all, but I want to provide you more by diving deep into what customers and others say about this RC.
Today I built and compiled a list of curated reviews that reflect the Traxxas XO-1, providing feedback from product users and reviewers on independent review sites as well as online stores like Amazon.
Independent Reviews and Recommendations for the Traxxas XO-1
The xo-1 is an absolute rush to drive and its really a lot of fun to bash! There are a lot of things Traxxas got right but a few that could have been a little better for the price.
First off the car should have been designed with a two speed transmission! It would have made the car absolutely amazing because the car would have had insane torque and still would reach the wanted top speed.Big Squid RC
I have to admit, when the Traxxas XO-1 was first released I was not sure how useable this vehicle would be for me as I like to run my on-road cars in all sorts of areas, not just race tracks.
But after the inclusion of the Traxxas TSM system, I immediately could see how this awesome vehicle can see more use and enjoyment for the average driver. Because the system is fully customizable, don’t be afraid to try it out and see how well it works for you.
Some people will probably want the TSM to kick in more than others and that is the beauty of the system, it is so easy to adjust with the TQ transmitter or Traxxas Link app. Not to mention, who can get tired of hitting triple digit speeds in RC?RC Driver
The XO-1 is definitely not a car for everyone. It’s shear power and speed make it a no go for the inexperienced driver. However, if you are a solid driver with a the desire and budget for this kind of speed, there is no other car that can compete currently on the market.Remote Control Cars Tech
Overkill could be the name you first use for an RTR like this, but that would soon leave your vocabulary the first time you pull the trigger. You’ll also soon realize that a short stretch of street in front of your house will certainly squash your ability to have fun.
To get the full experience of a 100+mph RTR RC car, I suggest finding a large, open area with nothing else around (to be safe). I seriously thought after a few high-speed blasts up and down the parking lot I’d be over it, but now I want to tweak the XO-1 to go even faster.Competition X
What Amazon Customers Have to Say About the Traxxas XO-1
There is a love of the fact that this RC car is not aimed at the recreational driver but instead aimed at the experienced driver to enjoy themselves.Amazon Reviews
Invest in spare batteries to allow maxing of speeds along with spare parts to give a kit as they will break if you impact something at 100mph.Amazon Reviews
While learning to drive this fast RC car you should leave on the smaller gear to help limit the top speed and learn control.Amazon Reviews
Bottom Line on Is the Traxxas XO-1 Worth It
When you want speed there is only one name that leads the way, Traxxas continues to create amazing RC vehicles that lead the way in pure speed.
These are not for your little kid, these are real grown up vehicles that should be treated with care and cleaned frequently to maximize performance.
Should this be over your head we have some additional options we listed below that are perfect for those looking to jump into the hobby with both feet!
High End RC Cars on Amazon
|1:10 Scale Brushless RC Cars 65 km/h Speed - Boys Remote Control Car 4x4 Off Road Monster Truck Electric - All Terrain Waterproof Toys for Kids and Adults - 2 Body Shells + Connector for 30+ Mins Play||Prime||Buy Now|
|Top||Traxxas 67076-4 Rustler 4x4 VXL Off Road Electric Remote Control RC Car with Remote Control for Adults and Kids, Red||Prime||Buy Now|
|Redcat Racing Shredder XTE Electric Truck, 1/6 Scale, Red||Prime||Buy Now|
|Traxxas 67076-4 Rustler 4x4 VXL Off Road Electric Remote Control RC Car Chassis Body with Remote Control for Adults and Kids, Green||Prime||Buy Now|
|ARRMA RC Truck 1/8 KRATON 6S V5 4WD BLX Speed Monster Truck with Spektrum Firma RTR, Red, ARA8608V5T1||Prime||Buy Now|
5 Best RC Boats for Rough Water Expeditions
Choosing the Best RC Boats come in many shapes and sizes. Check out our most advanced, best overall, and fastest RC boats, focused on rough waters.
RC Racing: How Fast Can Remote Controlled Cars Go?
When looking to purchase a RC car many will wonder what speed is achievable with their new cars, today I want to cover how fast remote control cars can go!
Brushed or Brushless RC Cars [ Key Performance Impacts ]
These can be easier to maintain, produce more torque, but also generally harder to control. Read up for more decision based criteria!
What Happens if Two RC Cars Share the Same Frequency?
When looking at an RC vehicle for you to drive as a hobby you should NEVER just look to a MHz frequency car.
Remote Control Vehicles [ Is 49mhz or 27mhz the Better Choice ]
There are many frequencies available for remote control cars, the most common for less expensive cars will be 27 and 49mhz which can cause issues so whos best?
Why Does My Remote Control Vehicle Have a Mind of Its Own?
Everyone has seen the stories or owned a RC vehicle that shakes or shimmies or outright drives off on its own, well today we get to the point of how and why.